The app can handle sharing your location if your mobile device cannot access the internet but still have access to mobile networks and can send SMS. In addition, the app stores information offline, which can be accessed at any time.
Most of the information available in the Safeture app is stored offline and can be used even if the device does not have access to the internet.
Some information is automatically downloaded in the background and can be used at any time; this includes:
- Local emergency phone numbers and assistance provider phone numbers
- Alerts (My Alerts only)
- Travel Itineraries
- Note that the data might become outdated if longer periods without internet occurs.
Other data is downloaded only when the user opens the page containing the information. This includes:
- Country information (except local news, only news headings are stored offline)
- Medical databases
- Global alert list
- Currency Converter (Exchange rates)
- Providers, such as hospitals and hotels (Only the latest search is stored offline)
- For country information, the information is downloaded one country at a time. This means that the user needs to access each country that should be downloaded. The reason behind not downloading all countries at once is that the amount of data is too big to automatically download and store offline.